As a licensed and bonded brokerage, Nordic Yacht Works, Inc. can deliver virtually any boat in the USA to our customers worldwide. The process is very simple and straight forward and requires very little effort from the buyers themselves. Each boat will have a carefully calculated “landed” price to the buyer’s country of origin with a detailed list of services included. As a bonus, our customers can have the option of benefiting from our boat yard and the services we provide prior to shipping. Each boat can be serviced and equipment can be replaced or added etc. All the boats can be customized per each buyer’s personal preferences. Below is a description of the whole process:
- Finding the boat of interest. The boat can be located by the buyers themselves by using the most popular market places for yachts like Yacht World among others. We can also assist in finding the right boat as a part of our service.
- After the right vessel has been found, Nordic Yacht Works contacts the seller to find out as much as possible about the vessel for sale. Based on the description received from the seller, we decide together with the buyer how much can be spent on the boat itself taken into consideration the additional costs to deliver the boat to its final destination. At this point, Nordic Yacht Works calculates the total price for the boat to give the buyer a landed price for the boat as is.
- Before we can make a written purchase agreement for the seller as our offer, the buyer needs to pay a sum equal to 10% of the purchase price to our escrow account. This deposit shows that the offer is made with a serious attempt to buy. As the buyer’s escrow agent, Nordic Yacht Works keeps this deposit in our escrow account and it will not be released to the seller until the boat has been inspected or surveyed and the seller’s right to sell the boat as the legal owner has been verified. The costs for the survey and inspections are the buyer’s responsibilities unless otherwise agreed with the seller.
- After the boat has been surveyed and the paperwork has been cleared, the buyer can pay the remaining balance due and the vessel will be purchased. Depending on the destination, the boat can be shipped directly as is or if the boat, for example, needs work and upgrades, we can transport it to our boat yard in Lantana to be worked on.
- All the boats destined to Europe need to be certified and equipped with a CE mark, which proves that the vessel confirms with the European RCD, (Recreational Craft Directive). We have scheduled frequent visits from our CE inspectors throughout the year and each boat will be assessed and CE marked prior to shipping to avoid any delays at arrival to the European port of destination. Not all boats in the USA can be CE certified and we make sure with each boat, that they can be certified prior to purchasing the vessel.
- Once the boat is on our yard waiting for the CE certifying or shipping, our customers can choose to have work done to their boats. More information about the services available can be found from our “Marine Services” section.
- When the boat is ready for departure, it can be winterized if the climate in the destination requires this. We will also shrink wrap the boat to protect it from the elements during the trip.
- If the boat is not shipped on a trailer, we will provide a custom shipping cradle that can also be used as a storage cradle in the future. This cradle belongs to the buyer and we recommend taking it with you when picking up the boat.
- Our transporters are fully licensed and insured with years of experience in marine transportation. The boat will be delivered to the port of departure the same way it was delivered to our boat yard. All the port fees and export documentation are included in our complete service package price.
- We ship anywhere in the world. Our ocean freight carriers sail all over the globe and by transshipping, the boats can easily be routed to their final destinations.
- We have agents in most ports to assist our customers with customs clearance to make that last part before taking delivery, go smoothly.
- As the new owner: “start your engines” Enjoy!!